CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

I'M BACK!!!

First I must apologize for not posting any blogs lately. I didn't realize how long it had been. We have been very busy and honestly I have been enjoying taking a break from the blog world...but I'M BACK!

Shea and I had a GREAT Thanksgiving. We spent the day at my Aunt Julie's house in Carnes, MS...this is a family tradition that we have been doing as long as I can remember. My Aunt Julie is such a wonderful person and a true friend in Christ. Her faith is amazing and I love spending time with her. The night was spent with Shea's family. Shea broke out the guitar and played his #1 fan (his mother) a few songs. Shea has never missed an opportunity to play for a crowd. Usually Shea leaves Thanksgiving day to spend the rest of the holiday with my dad at the duck camp, but this year he spent it with me and for that I was SUPER thankful.

Since Thanksgiving we have stayed on the go with Christmas parties and hanging out with each other. Shea did take a quick trip to the duck camp Friday and Saturday...the weather was suppose to be perfect for deer and ducks...but for some reason he didn't come with a deer or many ducks. I told him yesterday that I think he uses that excuse to get away from me!!! My hormones are still out of whack. If you don't beleive me then ask Shea about my break down last Wednesday night.

This past Thursday South Mississippi was covered in snow. The news and my neighbors estimated that we got almost 5 inches of snow in Sumrall. It was wild. It started snowing at 5:45 in the morning and didn't stop til 1:00 that afternoon. It was the hardest snow that I have ever seen and absolutely gourgeous.

Overall I am doing good. I still have my moments. I really miss Mary Glenn and the holidays are especially hard. I had planned out a totally different holiday...one that may include a baby or one with me about to pop. Neither of these plans are reality. The reality is that I will celebrate my Christmas with a baby that has gone to be with our Lord. I know she is up there singing away and watching how her daddy absolutely loves the holidays and how her mom stresses out over the small things when it comes to the holidays. I will say that this Christmas is totally different...but in a good way. I have never looked at Christmas in the way I do now. Christmas has a new meaning to me and it always will because of my precious baby girl. Once again...thank you Mary Glenn. I know you are up there singing Christmas carols with your pops, mammaw & grandaddy, and pawpaw...sing my favorite song for me...O Holy Night...I know you sound a lot better than your mommie. I love you!!!

Shea and I leave Wednesday for a much needed get away...by ourselves...to Nashville! We are very excited and can't wait to get there and hang out. I will be posting pictures when we return. For now I have posted some pictures of our Christmas decorations and some from the snow day.







More pictures...








MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!
Bethany

3 comments:

odomfamilyfun said...

Sweet Bethany,
I have been praying for you and thinking about you so much over this last month (and before that really). I have tried to post so many times and it has never worked...hopefully today it will :)
My fav. is O Holy Night as I fell in love with that song from the Christmas Eve service at First Pres...you know what I am talking about! Praying for you now....Much Love...

Sheena said...

Great to hear from you but never feel burdened to keep blogging if you're not up to it. I have come to appreciate the blogging world but I also see it has it can have its downfalls. We all need to be careful that it doesn't take over our 'real' lives. Glad you are doing well and hope that you have a great break this week.
love and prayers, Sheena

Ang said...

I just wanted you to know that I pray for your family. I too have a beautiful child in heaven with yours!! Hugs:)