CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Passing of a Great Man

My grandfather (actually my step grandfather, but I never looked at him that way) Dr. Van A. Phillips passed away this morning around 2:30 a.m. Both of his daughters, my grandmother, and my mother were there with him. Please pray for all of our families as we mourn the loss of this great man. Dr. Phillips, or "doc" as we called him, was such a wonderful man and loved by many. He was so good to my grandmother. They actually went to high school together...both married other people...had long marriages...then both spouses died around the same time...a few years later they married. They actually married December 29, 1998 so yesterday was their 10th anniversary. They were great for each other as they were companions for one another. He was a great caregiver to my grandmother and I will always be thankful to him for this reason. Please pray a special prayer for my grandmother as this is the second husband she has lost. I can't imagine the pain she is feeling right now.

Much Love,
Bethany

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Bethany, so sorry for yet another loss for your family so soon. Will continue to pray for your whole family, but especially your grandmother and you.
love and prayers,
Sheena

Ang said...

I am so sorry to hear this!! Like the other post, just so soon. It brings back memories of when our precious child went to be with our Lord and 3 weeks later my father passed away. You are in my prayers!!

Polly & Steve said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it seems like it just keeps coming. Praise God he is there for us to lift us up and carry us. I will be praying for you and your family.
Polly and Steve
Alabama