CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mouse Play

Ok a little background before this post...I HATE MICE!!!! I am actually disgusted when I see a mouse...they are gross...sneaky...and for some reason I am scared of them. When Shea and I first got married we lived in the house that he grew up in. It is in Bassfield in the country. I would see a mouse and freak out. I will never forget that one time I saw a mouse in the laundry room and I didn't wash clothes for two weeks. Poor Shea. Well when we moved to our new house I thought...new house...no mice...right??? WRONG!!! Now when I post this please do not think our house is nasty because it's not. It is very clean actually...thanks to my friend Vicki who helps clean my house every other week. When Shea and I were cleaning after taking down our Christmas decorations we found mouse droppings in our laundry room. Well of course I made Shea clean out the cabinet...throwing away everything in the cabinet...I know that is a little extreme...but once again I HATE MICE!!! Shea succeeded in cleaning the cabinet where he found two dead mice. They had fallen into a tall vase and couldn't get out. I thought great the mice are gone. Just kidding. Shea had gone to the hunting camp and I was home alone on the phone with my mom when out of the corner of my eye I saw something...my first thought it was a roach...but worse...A MOUSE!! Mom says to let the mouse go hide and when Shea gets home he can put out a trap. So about 30 minutes later I was texting Shea telling him about the mouse when I look up and the mouse is back out...waving at me! I scream and it runs away. Shea gets home and the first attempt to the kill the mouse was horrible...no peanut butter on the trap...but no mouse. We have a smart mouse on our hands. Shea tries again and success!!! Yippee!!! In the midst of all of this Shea is going through our house fixing any little hole they might can get through. Which now people tell me they can come in anywhere because they can make their bodies get as flat as a pancake. Well we set another trap just in case that little mouse had a friend...and guess what...IT DID! We got another mouse. Then Shea was about to leave again to go hunting and the night before I told him I smelled something horrible...is it a dead mouse??? Shea says no. Well by 3:30 the next morning when Shea was leaving the smell had gotten worse and it was in fact a dead mouse. Poor Shea moved the dishwasher...looked in cabinets but he couldn't find it...it must have been stuck in the walls. I must say that the smell was BAD and lasted for like three days! Well we went like a week with no mice until one day Shea and I were playing rock band and another mouse came out. I screamed and the mouse was running in circles. Shea claims the mouse was sick but I don't care sick or not...I want it DEAD!!! So Shea traps the mouse in a closet where we keep the vacuum, brooms, and cleaning supplies. I stare at the door to make sure the mouse doesn't come out while Shea tries to find something to kill the mouse. He finds a mop and starts trying to kill it. I can say this now but at the time it wasn't funny...but now we laugh about it. Here are a few pics of my dear husband killing the mouse...it was priceless!!!



If you look real close you can see the mouse's tail...!!!

0 comments: