CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Diagnosis Received

Saturday we learned that the initial tests indicated that Mary Glenn had Trisomy 18. The original test was only for the 18th chromosome. Dr. Henderson called us tonight and after more testing Mary Glenn has triploid syndrome. What does this mean? In a normal pregnancy the baby carries 46 chromosomes...23 from the mother and 23 from the father. Mary Glenn had three of every chromosome...a total of 69 chromosomes. Shea and I have done some research tonight and this is very rare. More amazing is the fact that most babies die in an early miscarriage. Very rarely do babies make it to full term and even more rare do they live but a few hours. There are only a few cases where the baby has made it full term and nothing has been reported that a baby with the Triploid Syndrome live over 5 months. God is revealing to us each day how blessed we were to have almost a complete day with our baby girl. We do not know the chances of recurrences but we will meet with doctors and find out what we can expect. Thanks again for your continued support and prayers.

With Love,
Shea and Bethany

7 comments:

The Gardners said...

Bethany,
God is so good! Thank you again for being an example to Troy and I! We love you and Shea and continue to pray for you DAILY!
Em

Taylor said...

So glad you are getting some answers...I think that can be quite a comfort! Continued prayers for both of you! Taylor

Stephanie said...

Bethany and Shea,
Just wanted to let you know that I am still praying for all of you. My heart is heavy for you as I know the dark path you are having to walk. I am SO thankful that you are allowing Him to be your strength. Keep walking! I'd love to get together soon and talk and cry together.
Love and prayers,
Stephanie

Rachel Wall said...

We constantly praying for you. I am sorry that you have to walk this path, but so thankful that you are letting God carry you.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord IS faithful and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
Praying for you to feel that strength today and know better the One who is providing it.
Love
Rachel and Chip

blog said...

I think of you every single day....

Ang said...

Thank you so much for sharing such an intimate part of your alls lives! I found you thru Ramblins blog and I just wanted you to know I will pray for you tonight! What an awesome example you all are. How strong your faith is in God! I feel some sort of connection to you maybe because my middle name is Shea spelled the same:) Just know I am praying!

Lorisa said...

Bethany and Shea,
You do not know me, but I came across your blog and I am sorry about the loss of your precious little girl. I too lost a little girl to Triploidy (or Triploid Syndrome). With not a lot of information out there, it was hard to take in and comprehend. But, without the relationship with our loving God, I would have NEVER made it through her loss. Isabella did not make it to full term, but died at 26 weeks gestation. I am thankful for everyday she was inside of me, but SO happy for you and the time you got to spend with Mary Glenn. What an awesome God we serve! I know how hard the following weeks and months are after our babies are taken away, so I will keep you in my prayers. Nobody understands what you are going through but God, so lean on him! If you would like to contact me, you certainly can. God Bless!
Lorisa Newman (mom to Angel Isabella Faith 1.19.06)
newmans@beu.midco.net