CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mission Accomplished

We're not supposed to bury our children. This is a psychological truth and an unnatural act. God is God! This is basic theology and a comforting fact. I made funeral arrangements for my daughter today. A crippling experience to say the least, but it allowed for a great deal of uninterrupted reflection, which led to unexplainable peace.

Mary Glenn McNease was special. I don't say that because she was my daughter, I say it because it is true. In 32 weeks and 5 days of gestation, and 21 hours, 35 minutes of life, she accomplished more than her daddy has in 35 wasted years. All parents want their children to be better than they are. Mary Glenn was better than me. She changed my life forever and made me a better man, a stronger christian and a more faithful worshipper. I will weep for many days to come because I am left in a fallen creation to strive for the unattainable. She has acheived perfection. There are no ventilators, no I.V.'s and no chromosomal abnormalities where she is today. Mary Glenn has attained what her daddy hopes for one day and that is to hear our sweet Saviour say, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

I always hesitated to say that the change in diagnosis was a miracle. But I now boldly say that the whole concept was a miracle. Mary Glenn died because of sin. Original sin that plagues us all until we get our undeserved reward. God loves us all. He showed that when He sent His Son to die for us. He has given me more than I deserve, and has seen fit to take my daughter. If that advances His kingdom on Earth, then "It Is Well With My Soul." If you know me, and weep for my daughter, and don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, I hope you will seek Him. Otherwise, my daughter died in vain. She is resting in His arms and I long to see them both. She accomplished exactly what she was sent to do, no more, no less. The Lord God Jehovah be praised for this experience. I hope when everyone who reads this meets their fate, they can say, "Mission Accomplished."

Bethany and I want to thank everyone for their support. We will continue this blog and hope that all will continue to follow it.

In His Grace,
Shea Mc

7 comments:

Sheena said...

Bethany and Shae, What a statement - Mission accomplished - Mary Glenn accomplished exactly what she was sent to do, no more, no less. How true but how devastating for those left behind. Rest in the knowledge that she is resting in the Saviour's arms. Even though you cannot do so physically, you can still do so spiritually so that is my prayer for you - that you will know His loving arms around you, lifting you up and comforting you as only He can.
Love and prayers from Australia
Sheena

Rachel Wall said...

We stand in awe of your strength and the fact that you are completely maintaining an eternal perspective. God not only is proud of Mary Glenn, but I know He is proud of her parents, too. May God hold you very very close this morning, especially, as you bury Mary Glenn. Praise God she is alive and enjoying her reward in heaven, and that we can hold on to the promise that we will see her again. I know heaven is a brighter place because of that sweet baby girl!

Unknown said...

You don't know me. My name is Katie Nelson; I used to babysit for Frank and Lori's boys. She sent me a prayer request, and a link to your blog. I hope I'm not butting in where I don't belong. I just wanted to tell you that I've prayed for all of you, and will continue to do so. I just wanted to let you know that I loved your message in this post so much, I shared it with a friend. I admire your strength and outlook. Once again, I hope you don't mind me commenting. I will keep you all in my prayers. I'm so sorry about your precious Baby Mary Glenn.

The Metz Family said...

Dear Bethany-
As I have followed your blog, I have often commented to our mutual friends how in awe I am of you and your precious Shea. I often remind myself that things that happen are not surprises to God and that he knew us and knew the twists and turns our lives would take before we were even in the womb. How fitting that a baby such as Mary Glenn, who has changed so many hearts, would be sent to two such wonderful people. He knew you were the ones. He knew, you were the parents to carry her messages. Thank you so much for allowing me to be in on your story. You can rest assured that one heart has been changed forever.
You will continue to be in my prayers as I know the coming days will be hard for all of your family.
Sincerely,
Stacey Straus Metz

blog said...

You are still in my constant thoughts and prayers. I have been sick and haven't texted or commented but I think about you constantly.

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Well, it has certainly been a while since we have been in touch, Bethany, but I ran across your blog today and I am sitting in complete awe of the way the Lord is working in your life right now. Just reading it touched me in an amazing way and it makes me want to share your story with others to further His Kingdom. You will be in my prayers as the healing process begins... praise God for your time with Mary Glenn.

Much love,
Johnell (Wieniewitz) Jackson

Carla said...

Beautiful words from a broken heart. You have such amazing perspective. Your faith shines through your words and pierces the hearts who read this. It is so true that being with our savior in Heaven is what we wait for and live for ...our babes just got there before we did. Its so hard, and so painful at the time though. We lost our first son, I now have three more children and my perspective has widened so much. My longing is for each of my children to know their savior and to spend eternity with Him in Heaven. Of all my children my Samuel is the only one I know for certain will be there. I pray everyday for my other three and I teach and guide them but ultimately they will have to navigate their own way in this world and navigate through the lies it has to offer. My first son is living in perfection, a fuller life than we can imagine. Your little Mary Glenn is perfect and whole and held in Jesus' arms.
May He hold both of you in His arms too during this painful journey.