CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Fun Weekend

First things first...Congratulations to our friends Shay and Rob Tatum on the birth of their second daughter Rhodes (big sister is Addison) and also to Julie and Corey Tator and the birth of their second child Olivia (big brother is Ethan). We hope you all are doing well and hope to meet the new additions soon!

Shea and I had a very enjoyable weekend. Friday night we spent time with our Sunday school class at Daniel and Lucy Jussley's house. It was nice to relax and visit with friends. Afterwards I went and met up with friends Jamie, Katie and Susan. It is always so much fun hanging out with friends...we remembered old times. I know the people around us thought we were absolutely crazy!!!

Saturday was the Tri Delta reunion for the Phi Epsilon chapter at USM. It was so wonderful seeing everyone. It had been a long time. We got to visit the new sorority house which was absolutely gorgeous!!! In saying that our times at Panhell will always be remembered! It began raining at game time so Shea and I left and took the easy way out and watched the Golden Eagles lose to Marshall on tv. In fact, we watched all in state universities lose Saturday...YUCK! Saturday night we spent time with our friends and neighbors Brandi and Tony...atleast we got to watch Tony's Tigers (LSU) win!!!

Sunday was a day to praise our Lord! We had a great sermon...one of those sermons you feel like is being spoken directly to you and no one else. I would like to thank Dr. Paul Long for his message.

As far as baby Mary Glenn not much has changed. I have felt her move on occasions...nothing consistent...but it is still reassuring. Shea and I try and wait patiently for October 6th. I try not to think about what the visit may reveal to us but it is extremely hard to think about anything else. There are so many "what ifs" and I am ready to get some things answered. I know that only one person knows the real answer though and I will focus on His word. God is good!!! He gives me the strength each day to get up and get through each day. I am very thankful to call Him my Lord and Savior.

Thanks again for all of the thoughts and prayers. The power of prayer is such an awesome thing!!! Please pray for our visit on October 6th: pray for Dr. Perry as he gives us a diagnosis, for Shea and I that we can have complete peace of his diagnosis, for Mary Glenn and her health, for our family and friends, for the nurses that will assist Dr. Perry, and everyone invovled to understand the importance of using Mary Glenn to glorifying Him! As always continue to pray for God's will. God has given Shea and I so many things and has changed our lives forever since August 20th! PRAISE HIM!!!

I hope to learn how to post pictures soon. I am slowly learning how to blog!

In His Love,
Bethany

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thinking about you and Mary Glenn. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Next time you are in Jackson give us a call! Would love to meet you!

The Burgess Family said...

Bethany,
It's Mandi McFall from Oak Grove. I saw your comment on Julie Roberts blog and followed the link to your blog. Julie is my little (sorority) sis and a true inspirtation to me. I have read your blog and just want to let you know that our family will be praying for you guys!

odomfamilyfun said...

Hey! So fun to see you this weekend :) I linked you to my blog! It is so easy to do pictures...I'll help you!
Brittany

Lori said...

Bethany,
I also found your blog through my sister's (Julie) blog. We are praying for you guys and definitely understand your anxiety. I know you have come to realize how truly special each day is and not to ever take it for granted. I'm adding you guys to my prayers and blog.