CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nothing Is Random

Hello to all, I am Shea McNease. I have been introduced in earlier blogs by the best half of this household, my wife Bethany. She has amazed me through this whole ordeal and our marriage has changed and become enriched through the grace of God. I wanted to take this opportunity to randomly say that nothing is random. It is my hope, that one day, I can string all the events that have lead up to now to show everyone out there how consistent they are. It seems that everyday I take a trip back in further and further in time to see a person, event or an insignificant (at the time) decision that brought me to the point I am at tonight. Feebley seeking the will of God and anxiously waiting for His mercy. I have tried to tell people that have lead me by example that they did God's will in my life. It is daunting to think about how far back the preparation for this event in my life has gone. Probably, as far back as Sunday School as a kid or VBS in the summers.



This all culminates in me knowing that God is sovereign. The ultrasound that was performed on our baby on August 20 caught everyone, including the super sweet ultrasound tech, off guard. I can tell you this for sure, it did not catch God off guard. And that is comforting. To know that I have a Savior that is all knowing and that all things work together for His good purpose.



Many people have said to Bethany and I that they have been amazed by our reaction to this devastating series of events. I can not say this often enough, it has nothing to do with us. God's grace is the only reason we turned to God. If not for His grace, we could have just as easily cursed Him or blamed Him. This is because we are weak, temporal and depraved beings. But praise be to God that He had preordained, before the foundation of the world, that we would praise Him and glorify Him even in this valley.



I have decided that in my life I am through taking chances. I don't have to take them. I have a direct line to the throne of God, through His Son, Jesus Christ. It is called prayer. And because of all that has happened I have learned to "Be still and know that He is God..." God will reveal His will when He sees fit, not when we want Him to do so. Yet, without an active prayer life, I don't think we can fully know the revelation of His will. What a comfort to know that nothing is to chance. Everything is ordained by the author and the finisher of the universe. It is my job to seek His bountiful purpose in my life and to see that I carry out His will.



I'll finish with this. Please pray for Bethany and myself. For Bethany, that she will have strength and patience to see that God's will is done. For me, the same, but also that I might minister to her daily because in the end, I am a man. And I can never know what she is feeling or the bonds that she has. Prayer is real and God answers them. Because of those praying for us, we have been able to make it thus far and we are eternally grateful.



In His Grace,

Shea Mc