CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Mary Glenn McNease

Shea and I have been asked if we have decided on a name for our baby girl...the answer is YES! Our little girl will be named Mary Glenn McNease. Mary is my grandmother's name and also Shea mother's name. Glenn is my mother's maiden name and also my middle name.

Well we got to see Mary Glenn today. We were only suppose to check for a heartbeat but Krystal and I couldn't stand it and had to look around a little bit. Things still look like they are progressing. She had a very strong heartbeat...159 beats a minute!!! She has grown another week and gained appx 3 ounces (12 ounces total or 340 grams). Krystal said her head was much rounder this week than last which is a good sign. She has moved down lower in my stomach too. She was resting today when we saw her but she did move her little arm for us. We have about the same or a little more aminiotic fluid than last week which is a good sign that the kidneys are still functioning. After our ultrasound we waited to see Dr. Benton to tell him the good news...he was very encouraged by the way she looked today but also made us realize we still have a LONG way to go.

We are definitely not out of the woods yet so keep those prayers coming!!! Shea and I are very blessed to have everyone praying for us...and I promise you Mary Glenn hears them too! We are going through a lot of ups and downs in life right now and it is reassuring to have friends and family with you during the journey. A friend of mine told me about a song from MercyMe named Bring the Rain. I have posted the lyrics below.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain


I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

[1st Chorus]

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the lord God almighty
is the lord God almighty
I'm forever singing

Holy holy holy
you are holy
you are holy

This song reflects my feelings exactly...whatever it takes to praise God we must do. He has blessed us thus far with Mary Glenn. I pray that her progress continues and she will be a healthy baby upon delivery. But we must pray for His will and use Mary Glenn to glorify His name...now, tomorrow, and forever. HE IS HOLY!!!

Begin praying for our next doctor's appointment in Hattiesburg on Thursday (9/18/08) at 11:00. We will have another ultrasound and then visit with Dr. Benton.

We love you all!
Bethany

3 comments:

mlowrimore said...

Bethany & Shea,

I am praying for you daily and will ask everyone I know to do the same. God is good! I know he will take care of you all.

Mandy Lowrimore

writingdianet said...

Bethany:
How many weeks pregnant are you now? When is Mary Glenn's due date?
I pray for you often, sister.

Diane in WV

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea and Bethany and Mary Glenn,
I wanted to tell you that our prayers up here in Chicago are stronger than ever. Patrick and I continue to pray daily for all of you and your family. May God keep his precious hands on Mary Glenn throughout the remainder of her growth in utero. I know He has already answered so many prayers and he has so many more only He knows the next prayer to answer. We love you all and cant wait to continue to read your wonderful blog about the journey of motherhood and Mary Glenn!
Laura, Patrick and Mary Stevens Johnson