CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waiting on God

As I type tonight I feel the need to let you all know that I am in need of prayers. When we began this journey two weeks ago today. I asked God for Shea and I to do His will. Then as Shea and I decided to let God perform His work on us and wait for his timing with our child I began to pray for God's quick mercy. The waiting part is not as easy as it is said. I am struggling in the patience department. But as I wait I am thankful that God is with me. This morning as I was reading the book I spoke about earlier...God is in Control...I read about God's comfort. This book reminded me that God is continuously our comfort. His comfort is available at all times and in all parts of our walk with Him. That is very exciting!!! I quote from the book: "I wonder how many times have you said to the Lord, "Dear Lord, I want You to use me. I don't want a lot of pain in my life, but I'm willing to be used." Sorry, God does not work that way. If you want to be used by God, get ready to hurt. If you want to be a comforter, then get ready to suffer. If you want to be someone who can really encourage others, then you must be a person who's walked through the valley of discouragement, surround by hurt, suffering, and loss. God is equipping you and me to be vessels of love, healing, and restoration to a world of people filled with pain, hate, and fear."


Also during this journey I have told many that Shea and I want to use our child to glorify Him. I have also stated that we are thankful for this child and the way that God has chosen it to change our lives. I am a different person that I was two weeks ago before I found out about our baby's illness, but I am a better person. My life changed in an instant but it changed for the better. I have never been this close to God. I have never wanted to know Him better like I do now. I am eager to learn His word. That is comforting to me. If I have to suffer during this valley to become this better person then it is well worth it.

Shea and I go for another ultrasound tomorrow at 4:15. Please say a special prayer for us at this time. We ask that God to give us strength during the day as we prepare to go for this visit. We ask for God to prepare us for the results of the ultrasound and for us to understand whatever the results may be that God will be with us as we wait on His timing. Also, please ask God to give me patience during this "waiting" period in our life.



With His Love,

Bethany

0 comments: