CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Babies, Bucks and Ducks

I have a different outlook on being a dad for the first time since August 20, 2008. I asked the doctor point blank yesterday what he thought about My, Bethany and Mary Glenn's future. Can we plan? Can we buy stuff? These are seemingly shallow questions, but we didn't know. And for Bethany, not knowing is torture. For me, I was tired of being hard on everyone around me. I want to be excited about being a dad, but not naive. So Dr. Perry did not hesitate when he told me that we can officially do what any expecting couple does. Buy stuff, be excited, and for the first time in a month and a half, let our guard down somewhat.

I love to hunt and fish. It is one of the worldly things that defines who I am. I have a very understanding wife, who also enjoys it, mainly because of her upbringing. See my father-in-law has become my main partner in crime in these endeavours. He is a great outdoorsman. I'm not joking, he needs his own TV show. He has several cronies that he goes with, but predominantly, I go with him. And the benefits have not only been in harvesting game, but harvesting lessons in life. He has taught me how to duck hunt, which is the hobby about which I am most passionate. He has also taught me the better points of deer hunting and speckled trout fishing. I had been a successful hunter and fisherman before meeting him, but he helped me refine my skills and be more selective. To enjoy the outdoors, the creation and not worship at the altar of slaughter. We have had some tremendous adventures, and I look forward to many more.

It appears, as of yesterday, that I am much closer to actually becoming a dad. Not only a dad, but a dad to a precious little girl. This whole process has been wild, but I got a feeling that being a male, helping to raise a female is going to be even wilder. I look very forward to it, and I've got some help. In addition to being a great outdoorsman, my father-in-law is also a great dad to two, beautiful, strong, intelligent, and refined young women. I hope, that I can pick up some of those things that made him tick when he was raising them. That way his granddaughter will hopefully have the same traits. My wife, and her sister, can both harvest game, prepare it, help run successful companies and know which fork goes on what side of the plate. Amazing!

I don't have to look far to know that I am blessed. I always want my daughter to know that she can do anything with assistance from God through Christ, that all things work together for good in God's will, Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll, Oprah is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, never use a feed call in more than 12 inches of water, and the 30-06 is the most versatile caliber of bullet for hunting whitetail deer. Not bad for starters. We'll work on the five points of Calvinism as she gets older.

In closing, I want to thank everyone for there prayers. They have worked and we always want to give the Lord God Jehovah all the glory. I am a feeble, depraved being, but He is perfect, just and righteous. Please continue to pray for me and my family both born and unborn. For the doctors, nurses and technicians as they give us information. And always pray that the Lord's will be done and that He receive ALL the glory. If you are reading this and you don't know Christ, I pray that you will seek His perfect peace. Life is better when you are worshiping the Creator and not the creation.

In His Grace,
Shea Mc

1 comments:

Corey Tator said...

Julie and I are so encouraged by your news! You have been in our thoughts and prayers! We rejoice in the Lord for his guidance and understanding during this time. God Bless both of you!

Corey Tator