CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Still Going...

We had a full day at the doctor this morning. I drank the lovely orange flavored glucose drink and to say the least it was not good. It taste like a flat Sunkist with about 6 scoops of sugar in it! Next up was the ultrasound. Mary Glenn is still fighting with a heartrate of 153 bpm!!! We checked this week for total amniotic fluid. Normally we check for pockets of fluid. Krystal likes to see atleast 5cm of fluid and we were over 9!!! There is something normal about our pregnancy!!! Krystal did show concern about some facial features that may be under developed. She pointed this out so we could ask Dr. Perry on Monday. Her spine and brain look good and all organs look ok. In saying this Dr. Perry's test is much more advanced and he will be able to see more details than Krystals...therefore our visit Monday is VERY CRITICAL! Then I went to see Dr. Benton for a check up. As he was walking in the door to see me I was walking out to get pricked for my sugar test and to get the results. I could tell in his eyes something was up. He looked at me and said..."You are going to kill me." Of course I said...why? Well he told me that he shouldn't have scheduled my glucose test during the week of my steroid shots becuase the steroids will increase my sugar. Well I went back anyway to get the results and the lab tech laughed and said yes that they would definitely not be normal and of course she was right! My hemoglobin was great...14.2 but my sugar was 177. Anything over 140 requires the lovely 3 hour test! Dr. Benton said I could do the hour test again but if I didn't pass I would have to do the 3 hour test so we went ahead and scheduled the 3 hour test in two weeks. I told Dr. Benton that I was going to make him drink it with me since this was all his fault!!! HAHA! The actual visit with Dr. Benton went well. We all want so bad to get excited but still very hesitant to do so just because this visit is so important and Mary Glenn has such a high chance of having numerous problems. He did comment that her organs look good and her statistics are all in range of each other...meaning one measurement isn't way out of whack to the others. We are still a month behind in develoment. We will begin NSTs (Non Stress Test) next Friday. I will have one each week. We will all know more after our visit Monday.

Please continue to pray for Monday. I am already losing sleep...mainly because I am so anxious for the visit to get here and the diagnosis to be given. I ask for the following specific prayers:

1 - God's will!!!! God knows what is best for the three of us and my faith is in Him. HE IS IN CONTROL!!!
2 - Dr. Perry and Dr. Benton - For their knowledge and wisdom to diagnosis Mary Glenn correctly
3 - For God to prepare Shea, Mary Glenn, myself, and our family and friends' hearts for whatever the outcome may be
4 - For encouraging words at our visit Monday!

Thanks to Dr. Benton today for his encouraging prayer that we had at our visit. You are the best!

In His Words,
Bethany

3 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

Sweet Bethany,

My prayers are with you, and are daily. I only hope that if faced with a situation like yours, I would have half as much faith and calm that you have. There is a reason you have been given this blessing. I know that it might seem like too much to behold at times, but you are just the one God has chosen for this baby, Mary Glenn.

I check your blog every day, hoping that you post an update. I look forward to hearing more after your visit with the doctors.

One more thing, remember that even through this trying pregnancy, you are still participating in one of the most amazing miracles ever. What an gift God gives us as mothers! Enjoy as much as you can, it will be the only time you are carrying this particular baby. There will never been another 9 months like these. Soak it all in.

Love,
Carly

Julie said...

I know that it is a big day for you two, and if you feel up to it we would love for you to come by before or after your appointment. Any time is fine with us...
If you need anything while you are here, do not hesitate for a second to call.
May God give you two peace for you to sleep and drive carefully so that you may continue to stay wrapped in His arms.

Jessica Griffin said...

Bethany-
It has been such a long time since we have seen or spoken to each other but I heard what an incredible ordeal you have been through and could not help but finally write to you. Alec and I are expecting also and I cannot imagine being faced with what you and your husband have endured. I am amazed at both of your strength and faith - you set such an example for parents everywhere. I have had my share of tests in life but just know that God will not give you anything He knows you cannot handle so stay strong!. I hope to keep reading good news and know that the three of you will have your own prayer community down here in Louisiana!

Jessica Fikes Griffin